After recently returning back from Hawaii where nearly everyday I enjoyed an Acai bowl.
So I decided I'd give it a go & make one, as I had been missing them so much.
I purchased my Amazonia Acai powder from About Life in Rozelle, but you can also purchase it online directly from Amazonia.
I love the taste of Acai & the colour is just beautiful, Acai is just jam packed full of goodness & it contains over 16 types of antioxidants.
So here's my take on how to put together a Acai bowl.
- 2 tsp Amazonia Acai powder
- ½ Cup Almond I tend to freeze the almond milk so the mixture is nice & icy
- 1 frozen Banana
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1/3 cup coconut water
Add Toppings after above mix is complete
- Fresh Banana
- Fresh Strawberries
- Shredded coconut
- Drizzle honey or coconut nectar, or your sweeter of choice
- Mint to garnish
- Place the 1st four listed ingredients into your vitamix and secure lid.
- Vitamix "variable", speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to "variable", speed 10, then to "high". Use tamper to press ingredients into the blades. Blend for 1 minute until smooth.
- Add mixture into a bowl, add your preferred toppings & serve immediately.